As the holidays are quickly approaching, it’s time to start thinking about holiday events!! Since neither of us are makeup guru’s, we enlisted the help of a professional! It’s so easy to fall into the beach scene and go minimalist, but she convinced us to spice it up a bit. We teamed up with Jamie over at Blush Beauty Lounge to share a few holiday makeup tips!
For Cindy’s eye makeup, Jamie used This beautiful Channel eye shadow palette in #232 Venetian. The rich tones and hints of shimmer make it a great palette for the holidays! As usually, don’t forget to prime the eyelids!
1. With a black eye pencil, line the upper and lower lid. Jamie lined under the water-line for Cindy’s look.
2.With a Bobbi Brown liner brush, blend the eyeliner to clean up any imperfections.
3. For Cindy’s holiday look, Jamie made a thicker line for a more dramatic effect. Jamie says you can do a simple clean line or even a cat eye for this look!
4. Using a medium bristol brush, Jamie starts at the upper crease and moves into the eyelid with the dark green shade. She adds a bit of shimmer to the inside of the lid to make it a little more festive.
5. Jamie uses a large blending brush to blend the to shadows together for a seamless color.
6. Finish off with a good coat of black mascara. Cindy’s favorite mascara is Xtreme Lash.
Applying fake lashes can always be a little tricky especially when you are not a professional. Jamie gives us some easy tips that you can use at home. Her favorite lashes are Ardell Natural lashes and can be bought at any drug store. Jamie uses Duo lash glue in the color black. Make sure you measure the size of your lashes with the fake lashes and cut off any extra.
7. Jamie removes the lashes from the package and bends them back and forth to make them more flexible. Then she applies the black eyelash glue to the lashes. Be sure to wait 10 seconds for the glue to get tacky. This step is very important!
8. Press the lashes with tweezers in the nook between your real lashes and eyelid. Leave there until the glue dries.
9. Push the lashes onto your eye with fingers to set them. Add a bit of gloss and your are ready for a night out!!
For Celia’s eye makeup, Jamie used Urban Decay’s NAKED 2 palette with the shades: Booty call, Half Baked and Busted. (customized just for Celia HA HA!!) According to Jamie, it’s always a good idea to prime the eyelids before applying makeup, especially when you are headed out for a night on the town! (A late night for Celia is about 9:15 pm) She loves Bobby Brown Primer but says any foundation can do the trick!
1. With a medium eye shadow brush, cover the entire eyelid with the shade Busted.
2. Apply the shade Half Baked to lids to add a bit of depth and sparkle to eyes.
3. With a large brush blend like crazy! For a highlighter, Jamie used the shade Booty Call; just apply under brow.
4. With a black eye pencil, Jaime lined Celia’s water-line and upper lid. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
5. Use an eyeliner pencil to blend the eye liner for your desired effect.
6. Finish off with a good coat of black mascara. Celia’s favorite mascara is Dior Blackout.
7. Apply a pair of fake lashes in the little nook between your eyelid and lash line.
8. With your fingers, apply Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Cream Blush to the apples of your checks. Celia loved how this left a dewy finish. (great for dry winter skin)
9. Jamie added this same cream blush to Celia’s lips and topped it off with this crazy Bobbi Brown Ultra Violet lip gloss. We were a little scared when we first saw this stuff, but now we all hope it’s in our stocking!
I big thanks goes out to Jamie over at Blush Beauty Lounge for helping us out!!